Latest news from Skysports
Bruce: Hull still want Rhodes
Hull manager Steve Bruce has told Sky Sports News HQ that talks are still ongoing to try and bring Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes to the KC Stadium.
Palace did not want me enough
Tim Sherwood has revealed he took himself out of the running for the vacant Crystal Palace job because he was not made to feel wanted enough by the club.
Stout up for title fight
Liverpool Ladies goalkeeper Libby Stout has issued a rallying cry to her team-mates to ‘fight like they have never fought before’ if they want to retain their FA Women’s Super League title.
Pochettino respects Harry
Mauricio Pochettino is looking forward to pitting his wits against former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp on Sunday.
Sam plays down expectations
Sam Allardyce has admitted West Ham will need to produce something special if they are to finish any higher than 10th in the Premier League.
Atletico win Spanish Super Cup
Atletico Madrid prevailed in the Spanish Super Cup as Mario Mandzukic’s goal sealed a 1-0 victory at the Vicente Calderon.
Cabaye off as PSG are held
Paris St Germain survived the second-half dismissal of Yohan Cabaye to hold Evian to a goalless draw at the Parc des Sports.
Bayern off to winning start
Bayern Munich got the defence of their Bundesliga title off to a successful start with a 2-1 win over Wolfsburg in an entertaining encounter at the Allianz Arena on Friday night.
Mexico leave Hernandez to think
Miguel Herrera says he has decided to leave Javier Hernandez out of his squad for Mexico’s upcoming friendlies so that he can sort out his future.
Hodgson eyes Euro glory
Roy Hodgson has put England's awful World Cup display behind him and has set his sights on winning Euro 2016.
Mackay offers apology
Malky Mackay has issued an official apology for sending offensive text messages during his time as Cardiff manager.
Van Gaal: I need more time
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has called for patience from fans looking for an instant upturn in fortunes.
Tottenham interested in Fazio
Tottenham are in talks with Sevilla over the signing of Argentina international defender Federico Fazio, according to Sky sources.
Poyet issues Borini warning
Sunderland head coach Gus Poyet has admitted he is losing patience in his bid to sign Fabio Borini on a permanent deal.
Rojo: United are the biggest
Marcos Rojo has labelled Manchester United the 'biggest club in the world' after his £16m switch from Sporting Lisbon was confirmed.
Liverpool near Balotelli deal
Mario Balotelli's £16million move from AC Milan to Liverpool has moved a step closer after the striker spent Friday evening at Liverpool's Melwood training ground.
Pellegrini: Balotelli can star
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini believes Mario Balotelli could be the 'perfect fit' for Liverpool - but insists they will still miss Luis Suarez.
Mourinho: Cech a team player
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has reacted positively to being dropped for the first time in his Stamford Bridge career, says manager Jose Mourinho.
Swansea land Carroll on loan
Swansea City have signed Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll on loan for the remainder of the season.
Latest news from
- Rooney a disaster, Smalling a nervous wreck… United are just awful.
- Where are Manchester United’s big-name signings?
- Chelsea dilemma could make or break Mourinho – and it’s his own fault
- Why Rooney doesn’t deserve captaincy – and who should get it
- City need to get rid of ‘sour apple’ Toure to become a great side
- Critical Neymar error means Scolari MUST resign
- Neymar is overrated and Higuain looks like a Championship player
- No punishment too harsh for a World Cup match-fixer
- England’s shambolic trip to Brazil would have been bigger pantomime under Harry Redknapp
- England have been an embarrassment – and Roy Hodgson must quit
- Now Ross Barkley must join Roy’s revolution
- Hodgson isn’t brave enough to play Sterling
- Qatar 2022 farce could destroy football as we know it
- Levy can’t afford to get Pochettino appointment wrong
- Rooney, Ryan, the rebels: Five ways Van Gaal will stamp himself over United
- England could pay for Cole inexplicable snub
- How Pellegrini made Man City the champions elect
- Van Gaal or Giggs? Either way, United need to act quickly
- Hiring unworthy Ryan Giggs and Phil Neville led to Moyes’ demise
- Chelsea’s only hope is boring Liverpool to death
- Emotional Liverpool will blow title if they think destiny is on their side
- Norwich CEO David McNally’s massive ego could see Canaries relegated
- Frank de Boer would bring order to Spurs after Tim Sherwood circus
- Ageing Giggs has a crucial decision to make
- United glory hunters who turned on Fergie have no place at Old Trafford
- RVP miles off base, Rooney’s role a bad joke: nothing can save United
- City have a point to prove, but so do Barca
- Hodgson must get ruthless to get England ready for Brazil
- United’s misery will continue if petulant Rooney is named new captain
- Huge Rooney deal risky but proves United are still top club
- Cleverley’s idiot Twitter trolls know nothing about football
- Evil genius ‘Keyser Jose’ Mourinho proves he is the king of mind games
- Rodgers needs to keep reining in his ego if Liverpool are to get top four
- Man United not good enough for Juan Mata
- United need their biggest overhaul in 25 years – and it must start this month
- What’s the big deal? Walcott won’t be missed by Arsenal or England
- The FA nearly killed the FA Cup – but they have the power to fix it
- Naive Sherwood could see Spurs lose ‘battle of the wannabes’
- Tim Sherwood as Spurs boss is a knee-jerk move
- AVB failed to learn the lessons that saw him sacked by Chelsea